Sunday, April 27, 2008

Coming Into Focus

Today's talk was about Vision:
Main Verse - Hebrews 2:1

We all need to get our vision checked periodically.
To fulfill God's vision for my life, I need to:
  1. Dream a God Dream
    • Adage that "whatever the mind can believe, it can achieve" isn't always the case
    • My dreams are inherently "me-focused"
    • God's dream is bigger and better than any dream of mine
    • God's dream may involve pain, challenges, and waiting (may be best for me, but not something I'd choose for myself, which is why it has to be God's dream instead of mine)
  2. Expect God to Act
    • Matthew 9:29b (NIV) - "According to your faith it will be done to you."
    • Build faith by hearing God's word (preaching), reading God's word, and being around people of faith
    • I can't please God without depending on Him
    • God's dream should scare me because I can't do it on my own
  3. Refuse to Give Up
    • Sometimes, I just have to wait patiently
    • The enemy tries to distract me and discourage me so that I will give up
  4. Always Love People
    • God has a plan: I need to seek it out
    • Trust Him
    • Love other people

No comments: